Heavy Prison Sentences for Iranian Socialists!
The demand of “Bread, Work and Freedom” is in prison in Iran!
Workers and supporters of the Haft Tappeh sugar cane factory in the southwestern province of Khuzestan in Iran were sentenced to heavy imprisonment yesterday. The fines imposed on the workers and their supporters, who have been fighting for their demands for two years and organized by establishing a workplace committee in the factory, have once again shown fear of the regime’s class movement.
The defenders of the capital once again raided their programs to suppress the workers’ movement. They do not hesitate to do anything they can to silence the workers. The rulers show that the biggest fear of the Iranian capitalist class is the working class struggle.
According to Haft Tappeh workers’ social media;
• Haft Tappeh workers’ leader Esmaeil Bakhshi sentenced to 14 years in prison
• Supporter of workers Sepideh Gholian sentenced to 18 years and 6 months in prison
• Amir Huseyin Muhammedi Ferd, the editor of Gam (Adim), a supporter of the workers, was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
• Journalist Asal Muhammedi sentenced to 18 years in prison
• Journalist Sanaz Allahyari sentenced to 18 years in prison
• Journalist Amir Amirgoli sentenced to 18 years in prison
• Haft Tappeh worker Muhammed Hanifer sentenced to 6 years in prison
While the Iranian regime’s courts imposesprsion sentences, hundreds of Haft Tappeh workers continue to strike. The regime, which imposes penalty of imprisonment to those who has been struggling with the demand of “bread, work and freedom for months, has once again proved that it is an enemy of workers, instead of paying attention to their demands and organizing the struggle and they have been punishing those who support the struggle.
These provisions mean that the demand for “bread, work and freedom’ in Iran is thrown into prison!
But no matter how hard the regime attacks, the working class continues to resist for its demands and goals at every opportunity.